Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Month of Cake

  I haven't been blogging so much this past month because with all the end of the school stuff and then being just plain ole lazy because I didn't have to get the kids out the door every morning.  And I got to admit, it's been super nice!  But I wanted to share some of my cakes that have also been keeping me busy that I haven't posted them.  This first one is a Mythbusters cake that I did for a friend's son's birthday.  I really loved the logo part, if I do say so myself! ;)


I put caution tape and different types of warning signs around the cake.  I wanted to make the 7 stand up, but couldn't get it just right.  So I came up with the flames coming out of the back of it, which I think looks really awesome anyway.

This is from a Multi-Party that I hosted.  What's a Multi-Party you ask?  That's a great question!  I'm officially pinning this term for parties where you want to have several consultants of different products come and do a party.  Do you have a lot of friends that sell different things, Thirty-One, Scentsy, Pampered Chef....but can't conceive of having an individual party for all of them?  Well, just lump them all together and you have a Multi-Party!!!  Great idea, right?!  I had a Scentsy, Thirty-One, Barefoot Books and Paparazzi consultant come over and set up their stuff in my house AND I made a cake and cupcakes to promote myself!  It's a win-win!  They got the orders, I got the rewards and got to put my  name out there for potential cake buyers.  I also had some Choffy there and got some customers off of that.  Not too shabby!  I highly recommend doing this.

Here is the shot with the cupcakes.  The cake was vanilla with vanilla buttercream and the cupcakes where chocolate with my cookies and cream buttercream in the middle, topped with vanilla buttercream and crushed Oreos for garnish.

 Tobie achieved his Arrow of Light!  I'll have to do another post about the ceremony another time, but Theo asked me to make a cake with the Arrow of Light symbol on it.  I was actually pretty proud of myself for this one, because even though the concept seemed simple I had to get the measurements just right so it looked like the Arrow of Light pin.  I'm so proud of my Tobie, but more on that later since this post is about me.... ;)

For some reason Blogger isn't letting me separate these two pictures so I have to put the caption up here..any who....If you remember from my last post Miriam turned 8 this year, which in my house means BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!  We had it at a bowling alley, which was super cool, but only 3 friends from school were able to make it, not cool.  Still the cake was a big hit, and that's what matters, right? I'm just kidding!  She had a blast and with the fact that she has so many siblings she didn't even seemed phased that not that many kids from her class came.  But more on that later in a posted dedicated to her party...She wanted a My Little Pony cake.  I searched Pinterest and found several, but the one below this picture won the coin toss.  I really loved the clouds and flowers, but I had to "dumb it down" for me in regard to the sculptured ponies and huge sign on the top.  I figured the little figurines were the perfect size and I wasn't going to get anywhere near this so I took the short cut. Also it was special because Miriam got to help me with it.  I put her to work cutting out flowers and leaves and even drawing the vein down the middle of each leaf for more detail.  She did good,  I was proud of it, and was secretly happy that we brought home half of the bottom cake...MORE FOR ME!!  Hopefully I will start to get more orders and begin building on some clientele here.

So that's it for me and bragging about my cakes...now to pin them on Pinterest! Ha!

1 comment:

Britt Family said...

Your cakes are seriously awesome!!!